Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Alcatraz

Today I went to Alcatraz Island in the SF Bay. It is part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. It's a pretty quick ferry ride out to the island from pier 33 in SF, and there is an audio tour of the prison included in the price of the ferry ride. Because of this, everyone does the audio tour, and if you take your headphones off for a little but, you will experience something rarely found in society today, a totally quiet environment with just the sound of the shuffling feet of all the visitors. I found it a little surreal.

This is #5 of 10 NPS locations I'm hoping to visit before October




I'm pretty sure I went here in Grammer school, but I didn't remember anything about it, and decided anything I did before I was about 15 could be redone and called "new."

No comments: