Pages

Friday, March 30, 2007

James Dean Memorial


I don't think I've ever actually stopped here before so I'm listing it. The memorial is 900 yard from the spot James Dean actually died on, and there is a large plaque on the ground at the base of the tree with a lot of info, very little of which I read. It seemed like it might be interesting to true James Dean Fans. I do like the design of the brushed stainless steel sculpture. But there seemed to lack a point there was so much crammed into this space, something about this tree being a tree of life or some such thing, and then a small plaque with a quote from the little prince. too much. The Cafe that shares a parking lot does not let you pee there, so unless you happen to be hungry as you pass this spot, there's really no reason to stop.

No comments: