Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

World Pub



World Pub in Auburn, CA

I went for a hike in Auburn with my friend Jaime who is part of the #hiketweetup group in Sacramento. I've been on the hike before, so I'm not posting about it, but we did stop at the World Pub post-hike so I could try the Fox Barrel Mystery cider (A pear/ginger blend). From the outside this place is a total dive bar, but once you are inside, the interior is new and clean, though a bit basic.

They make up for lack of ambiance with their beer selection. There are like, 60 beers on tap, and a ton of specialty beers in the fridge. Unfortunately, the Fox Barrel ciders they had in house did not include the mystery flavor, but did include the pear and blackberry ciders. Both were good - very light, not syrupy like some ciders can be.

This may become a favorite after-hike stop in the future.

No comments: