Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Adobe building

No, not the Alamo(I've already been there). The building Adobe software occupies in SF. There is an event there this evening and I'm going...

The event was a joint thing presented by Adobe and AIGA. It was a live recording of Design Matters with Debbie Millman Podcast.
Debbie Millmans blog: http://debbiemillman.blogspot.com
the company she works for with links to her shows: http://www.sterlingbrands.com/ArchivedShows.html

While I was registering, the Adobe people will not take cash. I feel like this was my first glimpse into what the future wil be like. What a way to force you to give your information to them.

The event takes place in their cafeteria, and they had a very nice spead of cheeses, meats and roast beef on rolls which I ate and was delicious. There was wine and beer and soda, and cookies, which I looked for but could not locate.

The person she was interviewing was Dave Eggers author of What is the What, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, and founder of McSweeny's, 826 Valencia, Wholphin and The Believer. I met two of the guys who work at McSweeney's Chris and ? and let them know I worked for their distribution company. We chatted about our sale a bit and then I sat down.

Before the interview, we were made to suffer through a presentation of the CS2 software. I was not really expecting this blantent a sales pitch, and was annoyed about it. But at the end they threw in a peak at CS3 (still at least a year or two away from release). but there were some really cool features, and it looks as though they continue with their integration of all the Adobe software packages.

Once we got to the Debbie Millman section of the evening. I was much happier. The interview was interesting and I identified with this guy in a number of ways. He also thought he would perish before he was 30 so had a drive to complete things before then. He is easily distracted by the TV, and so cuts it out entirely to stay productive. It was recorded with video camera so I expect it will be available on her site soon.

No comments: